The SPACE NEEDLE 100TH ANNIVERSARY TIME CAPSULE CONTEST (the “Contest”) begins on May 9, 2019, at 8:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on September 13, 2019, at 11:59 PM PST (the “Contest Entry Period”). The Contest is sponsored by Space Needle LLC (the “Sponsor”).
1. PURPOSE. As part of the recent renovation of the Space Needle,the Sponsor will be installing a new time capsule (the “Time Capsule”) to replace the prior time capsule installed in 1982 that was recently opened. The Time Capsule will be opened in 2062, the year of the Space Needle’s 100th anniversary. The Sponsor is sponsoring the Contest to encourage members of the general public to suggest items that could be included in the Time Capsule.
2. ELIGIBILITY: TheContest is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years old or older on the first day of the Contest Entry Period, except any employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, its respective parent, subsidiaries, or related and affiliated companies, its advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, distributors and members of the employee’s immediate family and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. In addition to any other requirements set forth herein, each Contest winner may be required to disclose his or her legal name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and Social Security Number. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is required for eligibility in the Contest. The Sponsor has allotted space for six 3”x3”x3” Containers to be placed in the Time Capsule on October 21, 2019 (“Sealing Day”). During the Contest Entry Period, to enter to win, contestants must visit www.spaceneedle2062.com, complete the entry form, follow the directions, and list the items that they would include in the Container with an explanation of why they would include these items (an “Entry”). Any Entry submitted after the end of the Contest Entry Period will not be eligible for the Contest. Each contestant may enter as many times as a contestant likes, but each Entry must include a different list of items and/or reasons for including these items. Each Entry must be manually entered; Entries originating from “bots” or other automated processes are not permitted.
Each contestant will be required to include their name, e-mail address, phone number, and social media accounts (if any) by entering this information in the appropriate space on the Entry form.
4. PRIZES: There will be six (6) prizes, each prize consisting of the winning contestant being given the opportunity to fill a Container with the items described in such contestant’s Entry, which will be placed in the Time Capsule on Sealing Day (each, a “Prize”). The Sponsor reserves the right to award additional Prizes in its sole discretion. Any winning contestant may elect, in his or her sole discretion, not to receive a Prize, but the Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize. The Prize is worth a total of up to Fifty Dollars ($50.00), but is not redeemable for any cash amount. Each Prize recipient shall be mailed an empty Container and will be asked to arrange the items listed in such recipient’s Entry in the Container and mail the Container back to the Sponsor within ten (10) days of receiving the Container. Upon receiving the Container filled with the Prize recipient’s items, the Jury will review the items to ensure each item described in the Prize recipient’s Entry is included. This process will require the Jury to disassemble the Prize recipient’s arrangement of the items. If all items included in the Container are approved, the items will be placed back into the Container, sealed, and placed in the Time Capsule. The exact date, time and each and every element of the Prize shall be determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Each winner of a Prize will be solely responsible for the costs of mailing the Container to the Sponsor. The Sponsor will announce the name of one winner per month, beginning in May of 2019 and ending in October of 2019. Each winner will be announced within the first 10 days of the applicable month, unless the Sponsor extends the time for announcement.
Each item included in a Container by a Prize recipient shall be the sole property of the Sponsor. However, when the Time Capsule is opened in 2062, the Sponsor will return the contents of each Container to the person(s) designated by the applicable Prize recipient (the “Designated Recipient”), provided, however, that if the Sponsor, using reasonable efforts, is unsuccessful in contacting such Designated Recipient within sixty (60) days of opening the Time Capsule, the Sponsor will retain the items as its sole property. Each Prize recipient shall provide contact information for at least two Designated Recipients upon receipt of the Prize Notification.
Each Designated Recipient must be willing to participate in the Sponsor’s marketing and promotional efforts related to the Contest.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: A panel of Sponsor representatives and/or members of the community (the “Jury”) will choose, in their sole discretion, each of the winners of Prizes. The decision of the Jury will be final and binding. The Jury will consider, in its sole discretion, the uniqueness, creativity, relevance, size, and/or other aspects of the items included by the contestant in the contestant’s Entry, and whether such items will serve as a unique story in 2062. The winners will be selected from among all eligible Entries received. The process of determining the winners will be conducted under the direct supervision of the Sponsor. The winners need not be present at any physical location at the time the winners are announced. The Sponsor’s inclusion of an item in the Time Capsule that may have been included by a contestant in such contestant’s Entry does not entitle a contestant to a Prize. Winners of Prizes will be notified (a “Prize Notification”) via e-mail sent to the e-mail address included with the Entry, via telephone call to the telephone number included with the Entry, or both. Odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible Entries received. For the names of the winners, send a request and self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by the end of the Contest Entry Period, to 2062 Time Capsule Contest, c/o Space Needle Marketing, 223 Taylor Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109.
The Sponsor reserves the right to decline any individual items or Entries, including, but not limited to, those that the Sponsor deems to be, or appear to be, harmful, offensive, or damaging to the other items in the Time Capsule. All items must follow the Sponsor’s guidelines, viewable at www.spaceneedle2062.com. In addition, no digital items will be considered (including flash drives, audio recorders, or cell phones).